Saturday, January 12, 2019

In Praise of Theresa May

Political disagreements aside (and there are many), I quite admire Theresa May. There is a something stoical in the way she conducts politics, adapting herself resolutely to whatever fate throws at her.  I think beneath that rather awkward exterior lies the soul of a conservative, a woman whose strong sense of duty guides her, even when most MPs and perhaps most of the public are strongly opposed to her. I have to admire anyone that believes in sticking to something in spite of the pressures of mass rallies and opinion polls (two wretched features of modern politics). If only she could put this this remarkable ability to ignore the opinions of parliamentarians, pollsters and activists to better use!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What I've read, listened to and watched while under house arrest

I am too lazy at the moment to write this post in paragraphs, so it will instead take the form of a list. This suits me well as I am a compu...